Suppose you are doing a very important job and that moment your laptop is starting to lag or working very slow, in this situation many people think that the laptop is old.
Yes, it also right that old laptop deliver slow performance But your laptop is not performing slowly just to get old, Your laptop windows settings also play a big role in slowing a laptop.
In the comment section, many people ask this question how to make my laptop faster that’s why we created this comprehensive article.
In this article, we are going to discuss a few tips and tricks which surely make your laptop 200% faster than before.
Disable startup programs
With the launch of your laptop, many applications and software have started running automatically in the background.
If you turn them off, your computer will be free of RAM and you can make your laptop much faster.
- for Disable your startup application press Ctrl + alt + delete at the same time.
- then you will find the option called task manager click on that.
- then you will find another option called start-up.
- after entering startup look all the application that is currently running turn off those applications that you are not using all the time.
If you have done all perfectly then congratulation your laptop deliver much faster performance than before.
Disable animation and visual graphics
- For stopping your animation first you need to open your control panel.
- after opening the control panel search for the system.
- when you enter the system you will find an option called advanced system settings.
- then you will find a function named advanced then you will find a button called performance setting click on that.
- then going to visually efficient and select custom and uncheck all animation.
Disable windows update
It’s right that every time a new update decreases the laptop performance. Especially it happened in old generation laptops.
- for Disabling your windows auto-download first press Windows key + R on your laptop keyboard.
- then in the search section search services.msc then press ok.
- then a new window will be open scroll down and search windows update.
- then right-click and select properties and you will find startup type in the general section click on startup type and select disable and press ok that’s it.
This setting will disable all of your upcoming windows automatic update and make your laptop much faster than before.
Make sure you restart your system one time after selecting this setting.
Do not disturb mode in windows.
Like other tips, the useless notification also decreases the laptop performance that’s why you need to disable windows notification.
- For disabling this setting first you need to select windows.
- then right-click on that go to settings then click system.
- there you will find an option called notification and action simply disable that.
Delete unwanted files
while friends we all know that useless storage and data also reduce the laptop performance. That’s why you need to delete these unwanted files.
- For deleting unwanted files first you need to select windows.
- then go setting then you will find an option called the storage if the above option is disabled and simply turn it on.
After doing this easy setting your laptop automatically do the best thing for you and increase the device performance.
For a better laptop performance, windows pre-installed software named disk cleanup.
- for using this first search disk cleanup.
- then click on that select c drive and press ok.
- then a small popup will be open select all the checkboxes and press ok that’s it.
This small setting can improve your laptop performance further.
Delete unwanted software and application.
Every laptop user downloads various software for different purposes There is a lot of software in them that you may have installed but never used. If you delete them in such a situation, you will definitely get good performance.
- For deleting all of this software first you need to go control panel.
- then you will find an option called programs and features click on that.
- then windows will show all of your laptop installed software then Delete them which you don’t use.
The sample quick setting decreases your laptop loading time and improve performance moreover.
Clean up c drive.
The next tips are to clean your c drive every month.
When we install new software and other files by default that store in your c drive that’s why many cases c drive gets full of storage and slowing down your windows operating performance that’s why clean up your c drive every month.
Install a solid-state drive
For making a laptop slow storage type play the most important role.
In the market, laptops are available in two types of storage capacity the first one is HDD and the second best one is SSD.
Normally after few times HDD laptop delivers slow performance on the other hand SSD laptop always deliver fast and snappy performance.
for an HDD Laptop, you can install an SSD using two methods.
First, search if the device has any empty storage expansion slot for SSD if not then you can replace the HDD storage using an SSD.
Restart your laptop
If all the above techniques didn’t work then the only thing left is to restart your laptop.
Before restarting your laptop make sure you make a backup of your important data else you will be going to lose all of your important files and documents.
To reset your laptop open settings then click on update and security in this section you will find an option named recover click on that and press get started.
If you restart your computer, it automatically deletes all junk useful files programs and software, improving your laptop fast loading time.
Last Few Words
this is the comprehensive answer on how to make my laptop faster.
I hope after applying all these tips and settings your laptop deliver better performance if not then there is something wrong with your hardware.
If you have any doubt related to the laptop setting then feel free to comment below we will definitely reply back your comment within an hour.
or if you have any other method which can make a laptop Faster then let me know I will definitely include that in this article.
Jayanta Biswas is the CEO and founder of reviewpanther.com. He is a laptop and computer problems solution finder and has been interested in technology software and gaming since the time he was just 10 years old Child.